[Kde-games-devel] KDE/kdegames/kapman

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 7 22:00:45 CET 2009

Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ouch, something about that theme makes the game lag noticeably when the
>> player is moving (in a way it doesn't with the current theme). Probably
>> worth looking into? (Also, I feel like the ghosts should be bigger. And
>> the maze graphics don't really match :-).)
>
> I think Kapman is doing more frame changes for the hero (per second)
> than needed, and this can be optimized. I will have access to broadband
> again by Saturday, and will attempt to have a look at it. It works
> smoothly on  my test environments, but with QGV you should always
> attempt to minimize scene redraws.

If that's the case though, I wonder why I don't see it with the old
theme? These are pixmaps being blt'd, right? The sprite complexity
shouldn't matter, but that (or else, the background) is the only thing I
can think of that would make an obvious difference.

--
Matthew
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no