[Kde-games-devel] KDE/kdegames/kapman

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 20:59:24 CET 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ouch, something about that theme makes the game lag noticeably when the
> player is moving (in a way it doesn't with the current theme). Probably
> worth looking into? (Also, I feel like the ghosts should be bigger. And
> the maze graphics don't really match :-).)

I think Kapman is doing more frame changes for the hero (per second)
than needed, and this can be optimized. I will have access to broadband
again by Saturday, and will attempt to have a look at it. It works
smoothly on  my test environments, but with QGV you should always
attempt to minimize scene redraws.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini