[Kde-games-devel] Kapman default theme

Thomas Gallinari tg8187 at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 4 15:34:48 CET 2009

I just commited a temporary fix to avoid the character rotating with the
game theme 'Mountain Adventure'.
However as I said it is an ugly *temporary* fix, just in order to have a
nice render for the release. That means it will have to be improved in a
later version to make the animations independant from the theme, or
configurable.

Le Sun, 04 Jan 2009 04:18:09 +0100, Mauricio Piacentini
<piacentini at kde.org> a écrit:

> Thomas Gallinari wrote:
>> Cool, could you do that yourself?
>>
>> Le Sat, 03 Jan 2009 23:28:32 +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer
>> <karl at huftis.org>
>> a écrit:
>>
>>> Thomas Gallinari skreiv:

>>> FWIW, I would enjoy a theme based on the ‘Mountain Adventure’ theme
>>> from
>>> Killbots. It already has ghosts, and would introduce some consistency
>>> in
>>> the
>>> kdegames artwork …
>
> I just committed an initial theme based on Killbots sprites. The ghosts
> look good already imo, respecting the original colors of the retro
> theme. The hero needs work. I need to add the simplified movement of
> legs and arms, but it is 1:10AM here and I have a small holiday trip
> scheduled to start in 6 hours. I will try to do these tomorrow if I get
> a connection, or until Monday if possible. I think we can ask for a
> small extension to the artwork freeze if necessary as well.
> I reused existing strings due to the string freeze, gladly Mountain
> Adventure was already in Killbots :) Hope it does not cause problems for
> translators.
> The theme revealed a bug/limitation in the transform code for the hero
> sprite, I think. Run the game and you will see that when going to the
> left the hero will switch to be upside down, which is strange. We do not
> see it in the default one as it is a circle ;) Thomas, if you do not
> have time to look at it let me know and I will attempt to fix it during
> the week (it is a bug fix, so the freeze does not apply.)
> It is a late change and I am sure other artists can come with something
> better in the near future, but we can not risk missing the artwork
> deadline imo, and we definitively need a default theme with more
> distinct characters to avoid trouble.
>
> Regards,
> Mauricio Piacentini

Thomas Gallinari