[Kde-games-devel] Kpat themes. Another take

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 24 15:47:33 CET 2009

Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> parkotron has put all the elements of Kpat theme into one file (finally) They
> used to be all apart (as in BG, piles, OSD, and welcome screen).
> Now I'm asking for your input. Do you think it would make sense to consolidate
> them with actual card themes? This has advantages and disadvantages.
> [snip pros/cons]
> So what do you think?

I think you omitted the part I dislike most; you're removing the ability
to have a /background/ independent of the cards. (I notice Luciano makes
the same objection ;-).)

Also, I still think it would be nice if the deck (which can include its
own back) specifies the "style" of back and would let you pick other
backs of the same style (i.e. size and shape). Else if you just want a
different back, you have to copy an entire deck.

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet