[Kde-games-devel] Lightened tile shadow for classic theme

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Feb 20 21:48:19 CET 2009

On Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I also completely re-did the shadows. The problem with the old shadows
> is that they use blur in the svg (which isn't yet supported by Qt), so
> inkscape renders them very differently from Qt. The new shadows are
> simple gradients (which also don't slow inkscape to a crawl!) so they
> look the same in-game as in inkscape.

does that also mean the shadows correct if two of them overlap? Right now the
combined shadow is darker than a single shadow which I think is wrong.

It might also be useful to have separate SVG elements for the borders
and shadows with predictable names - that would make it possible for
the application to explicitly draw only the face and shadows only where
needed. Then, the drawing order would be irrelevant - now the tiles have
to be ordered depending on the light angle

--
Wolfgang