[Kde-games-devel] Questions about basic game programming

Pierre Maurier pierre.maurier at gadz.org
Thu Feb 19 23:12:36 CET 2009

> Use QTimer, it's easiest to program ... :-) ... but it requires a "slot"
> and a "connect".  Can you program those in Python?  Otherwise, QBasicTimer
> would be the next easiest, but you have to program a timerEvent.

Yes, we also have Slot and Connect with pyQt. So I'll use QTimer. Thanks for
your advice. So much new stuff to learn ! That's Great !

> Maybe your game is related to "polyomino" games.  There used to be a craze
> for those long before KDE Games, maybe even before Tetris!  There is quite
> an extensive literature on them, including the mathematics behind them.
>
>     http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyomino
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyomino
>
> The English version has more info than the French, plus some diagrams.

Thanks for the link ! But my game is not really a"polyomino" game, it's more
like a "block" game, because, just after the player drops the tetromino, each
block should behave separately. It's not clear I think, I'll try to describe
the rules of my game on a mail later, when I get bored of coding.

Now I'm just too excited and I can't wait to see the svg block I just create
moving on my pyQt app !

Regards

Pierre