[Kde-games-devel] Questions about basic game programming

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:19:03 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Frederik Schwarzer
<schwarzerf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2009 16:04:12 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> We are using SVG graphics together with the Graphics View framework. Have a
>> look at the QGraphicsView and QGraphics(Svg)Item classes.
>
> Just because it fits here a bit: What purpose does KGameCanvas have?
> I mean. Is it another abstraction layer over QGV? Is it mandatory for some use
> cases?

No. It was introduced because qgraphicsview performance was not good
enough for many games, but it looks like that has been fixed.

> I ask because porting to something other than QPainter is my next big goalin
> KShisen.

May I ask you why? Unless there is a specific problem with the current
implementation, I see no reason to change it to something different...

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams