[Kde-games-devel] Lightened tile shadow for classic theme

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:57:22 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 21:16:31 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > BTW: When I changes the shadows, I noticed that I also had to modify one
> > of the lower tle's shadows manually while the other three were changed
> > automatically. No Idea what's that about.
>
> Clones change when you change what they are a clone of. Possibly the one
> that didn't change isn't a clone.

Yes, that's the problem. the file is somehow broken in that respect.
There is an original tile for "unmarked" tiles. Then there is a clone of this
tile with a shadow added. Then there are the four tiles (each perspective)
from which three are clones of the shadowed one and one is another clone of
the oriinal tile and the shadow is added manually.
The situation is worse for the "highlighted" tiles. I tried to make the face
more pale a few days ago and broke the whole file. No idea why. :D
At the moment I do not have much time so there will be no progress for at
least two weeks. After that I'll probably look into it again.

@Matthew
I read your comment. Since I considered the tiles with a ivory-like colored
face quite nice and do not want to drop that idea, I'll likely do two themes:
one rater pale one, another rather like the current one but more brown'ish.
:)That is, once I made it through the svg file without breaking it. :D

Regards