[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: KTron to KDEReview

Legolas legolas at legolasweb.nl
Sat Feb 14 18:28:37 CET 2009

> > > The game should start when both of the players have pressed a
> > > direction key. I'm not experiencing problems with this. Could you
> > > describe step by step what you do when this occurs?
> >
> > Snake modus:
> > "A game starts when you press a direction key. The initial moving
> > direction is then in this direction."
> > This is only true for Up, Left, Right. Down also starts the game, but
> > always in up direction. Sometimes I have to press a cursor key twice to
> > start the game.
> > Sometimes I can start a game with "R" key, but its unreproducible.
> >
> > Player vs Computer:
> > Same Problem as in snake modus
>
> I got it.
> Sometimes the games does not start with the first press of a cursor key, in
> these case I can start either with a second press of a cursor key or by
> pressing one of the R,D,F,G-keys.
>
> > Player vs Player is very confusing here:
> > The cursor keys on the right of the keybord for the left snake - R,D,F,G
> > on the left for the right snake.
> > To start a game I sometimes have to press one of the left keys (R,D,F,G),
> > sometimes I have to press one of the cursor keys.
>
> "Press any of your direction keys to start!" means each player has to press
> a direction key to start the game.

I've made some changes on the default keys and the placement of both players.
As adviced by Parket Coates I renamed them to the left and the right player.
Hopefully it's now less confusing to see which keys are used by which player.

How should the text be for both players? "The game starts when both players
press any of their direction keys!"?

Regards,

Stas Verberkt