[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: KTron to KDEReview

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Feb 11 15:46:03 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch 11 Februar 2009 13:59:05 schrieb Legolas:
> Mail should have gone to the list :(
>
> Quoting Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>:
> > Am Mittwoch 11 Februar 2009 09:58:50 schrieb Legolas:
> >> As I learned from techbase it seems to be quite an excersize to do the
> >> move with inclusion of l10n files, so I'll be sending a little note to
> >> the release- team list too.
> >
> > Mail the i18n coordinator Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>, he will
> >   take care
> > of the translation moves.
>
> Ok, I will email him too. (He is on this list too, isn't he?)

He seems to be on every list.

> > Game Type Player vs Player
> > I can not start a game with the direction keys.
> > What am I doing wrong here?
>
> The game should start when both of the players have pressed a
> direction key. I'm not experiencing problems with this. Could you
> describe step by step what you do when this occurs?

Snake modus:
"A game starts when you press a direction key. The initial moving direction is
then in this direction."
This is only true for Up, Left, Right. Down also starts the game, but always
in up direction. Sometimes I have to press a cursor key twice to start the
game.
Sometimes I can start a game with "R" key, but its unreproducible.

Player vs Computer:
Same Problem as in snake modus

Player vs Player is very confusing here:
The cursor keys on the right of the keybord for the left snake - R,D,F,G on
the left for the right snake.
To start a game I sometimes have to press one of the left keys (R,D,F,G),
sometimes I have to press one of the cursor keys.

> > I have added some markup to the docs and changed &ktron; to
> > &kappname; we have
> > changed this ebn check yesterday.
> > Use of  &kappname; is now preferred.
>
> Ok, thanks for the help. Will this get into problems with KTron being
> also SnaKe? (This gets switched using a commandline switch set in the
> two desktop files.)

Using &kappname; or &ktron; in the documentation makes no visible difference
for the reader of the installed documentation, he will always see the value
of the entity &ktron; as it is defined in
kdelibs/kdoctools/customisation/general.entities, actually "KTron".

--
Burkhard Lück