[Kde-games-devel] Kill the FAQ

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:03:44 CET 2009

Hi,

I did some FAQ cleanup today and want to see if you agree with my changes.
It is too much to explain every decision. However, most of them are categorisable
as follows.
If it is asked for an action that works "as expected", I removed the question.
E. g. the Save action; and the answer points to Game -> Save
If the action is not implemented, I kept the question.
E.g. If there is no need for a Save action and it is not apparent, this at least
might be a question asked by users. It would be nice to have more of an answer
than "No, not implemented" though, because this actually answers nothing.

Anyway, here's what I did. The two dashes behind the entry say that I removed
the question.

bomber
    No FAQ
bovo
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the highscores?
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
kapman
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    I have started a new game. What do I do now? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    Can I skip a level?
    Can I change default keyboard shortcuts?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the highscores? --
    How can I get more lives?
katomic
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I know what does the molecule looks like?
    Where is the reference screen? --
    How do I move a game piece (atom)?
    Can I use the keyboard to control the pieces (atoms)?
    When I move a piece (atom) it goes right past the place where I want it. How do I make it stop there?
    I have stuck. How can I restart the game? --
    I cannot beat the level. Is there a hint system, or a solver?
    I did something wrong. Can I undo? --
kbattleship
    How do I start a new game? --
    I'm not sure where to shoot, can I get a hint?
    How can I rotate a ship?
    Can I change how the game looks?
kblackbox
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
kblocks
    How do I start a new game? --
    How can I pause the game? --
    Can I change the way the game looks?
kbounce
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo?
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
kbreakout
    No FAQ
kdiamond
    No FAQ
kfourinline
    How do I start a new game? --
    How can I end the game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I don't know what to do, is there a way to get help? --
    Is there a way to undo? --
    Can I change the look of the game?
    Can I use the keyboard?
    I have lost control of who is in the lead, can I find it out?
    Can I replay a game? --
kgoldrunner
    No FAQ
killbots
    No FAQ
kiriki
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo?
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the players' names. Where do I go? --
    I want to play &kiriki; with my friends. Where do I set who controls the player? --
    The AI is too damn fast! I cannot see what it is doing!
kjumpingcube
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my position? --
    How do I restore the game I saved? --
    Where are the high scores?
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
klines
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    I don't want to make any moves right now. Can I skip a turn?
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
kmahjongg
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    I did something very wrong! Can I restart the game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    I have mistakenly undone a good move, can I redo it? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress? --
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
kmines
    How do I start a new game? --
    How can I pause the game? --
    Can I change the way the game looks?
    Is there a way to add more mines and squares?
    I am stuck, can I get a hint? --
knetwalk
    No FAQ
kolf
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress? --
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to design my own golfcourse. Can I?
kollision
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the highscores? --
konquest
    How do I start a new game? --
    Can I redirect ships once they have left a planet?
    Do the different colors and shapes of planets mean anything?
    How can I know where my ships are?
    I have lost all my planets, but I am still in the game, why?
    I am running out of turns, what can I do?
    Can I store ships on a planet for later use?
    I have sent out all the ships on a planet, but when I move my mouse over the planet, it shows the ships still in place, why?
    Is it possible to change the theme?
kpat
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I restart a my current game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    Even with hints I still have no clue how to play. Help!
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress? --
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
kreversi
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
ksame
    No FAQ
kshisen
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    I did something very wrong! Can I restart the game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    I have mistakenly undone a good move, can I redo it? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
ksirk
    No FAQ (somehow)
kspaceduel
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo?
    Can I use keyboard?
    What are the control keys?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
ksquares
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I win the game? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo?
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    Where are the high scores? --
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
ksudoku
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I changed the symbols in the configuration dialog and now my entire game board is filled with question marks. What is the problem?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress? --
    Where are the high scores?
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
ktuberling
    Who made this application? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo? --
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints? --
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress? --
    I have made a great picture and I want to share it with my friends. Can I save it as an image?
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
kubrick
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game or puzzle? --
    How do I pause the game?
    Can I change the way this game looks?
    I have made a mistake. Can I undo?
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now.  Can I save my position?
    How do I restore the game I saved?
    Where are the high scores?
    How do I change the game configuration? --
    How do I change the toolbar layout? --
    How do I change the keyboard assignments? --
lskat
    Who made this game? --
    Where can I get cheatcodes? --
    How do I start a new game? --
    How do I pause the game? --
    I want to change the way this game looks. Can I?
    Can play with a different deck of cards?
    Can I use keyboard?
    I cannot figure out what to do here! Are there hints?
    I have to quit the game now, but I am not finished yet. Can I save my progress?
    I want to change the game configuration. Where do I go? --
    I want to change the toolbar layout. What do I do? --
    Can I change player's names?