[Kde-games-devel] kigo

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:41:34 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 04:17:48 you wrote:
> > Hello.  I was happy to see Kigo (Granatier) in my latest updates for
> > Kubuntu, congratulations.  ;)
> >
> > Just a quick thing to point out, though, there seem to be issues
> displaying
> > the theme, although these might just be packaging issues that will go
> away
> > (the entire KDE4 desktop is behaving a little strangely so doubt its
> > isolated to just that one program).
> I duno, might be a local problem on your machine, it works fine with
> 4.4-beta1
> and trunk.
>
> > One thing I wanted to point out, though, is that you forgot to add me as
> >  the author of the game theme (and I checked on websvn to just to see if
> >  this wasn't an older version).  Please correct that as soon as you can
> >  (and feel free to include my email).
> The standard about box is split into "Author" and "Thanks To", currently
> you're found in the latter (with your mail address) :-) I agree that the
> theme
> has a big impact on the visual appearance (and your theme is simply great),
> but I believe that for qualifying as an author, one has to be constantly
> involved and has to contribute over a longer period to a particular app. In
> other words this means to hold a larger share of copyright on the code (and
> data). Do we have any guidelines on how to correctly thank/mention
> contributors?
> --
> Sascha Peilicke
> http://saschpe.wordpress.com

Thanks for including me in the "Thanks To" box in the about section -- that
actually wasn't necessary but appreciated all the same.  However right now
I'm actually referring only to the Author section of the theme itself, not
Kigo (of course I didn't give anything to the code, lol).  ;)

You would see that only in Settings>Configure Kigo>Themes, and anyone else
who contributes another theme would have his/her name and email listed for
that specific theme as well  (although another viable default is to simply
add "KDE Games Team" as the author).

--Arturo