[Kde-games-devel] Porting my Game Construction Kit to KDE

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Sat Dec 12 12:57:59 CET 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 12:38:57 Frank B. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I originally developped a general purpose platform/side-scroller engine and
> development SDK for Windows. I have been in the process of porting it to
> Linux using qt4 and SDL.
>
> I think the design is unique because it is object-oriented which frees
>  users from messing around with the old tile-2-tile formula. The engine is
>  functional enough to be shown around as proof of concept. It just needs an
>  extra 25% more coding, some tweaking and polishing.
>
> I looked all over KDE.org but I still have no idea of who to talk to and
>  how to submit a request to have it (and possibly other games made with it)
>  included in a future release of KDE. Comments, suggestions and feedback
>  welcome. Any help will be much appreciated ! :)

  This is certainly a good place to be asking that question :) If you want to
get something into KDE, a good place to start would be to request access to
the KDE SVN - http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account - and then
uploading the project to playground/games :) Once it is in a finished state,
you then move it to KDEReview :)

> This is a link to the original project homepage.
> http://www.sassociations.net/cfrankb/lgck/?1
>
> PS: There is also an engine port to qt but it is in source form atm. I
>  could show it if anyone is interrested.

  That does look rather interesting :) Classic pixel type games, using new
techniques, very nicely done :)

p.s.: Are you aware of the Gluon project? http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/

--
..Dan // Leinir..