[Kde-games-devel] Adventures with Palapeli

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:29:25 CET 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 11:32:28 am Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ian Wadham wrote:
> > The only problem I found is that, as the solution progresses, the
> > fitting of pieces into the finished part of the puzzle becomes slower
> > and slower.
>
> I noticed this too, and have been meaning to say something (but have
> been distracted). It actually seems like this is a regression, maybe
> caused by the animation, since I don't remember experiencing this early
> on when working on a 1200-piece (which still isn't finished :-(, I am
> down to really hard mostly-solid-color stuff that is almost half the
> puzzle).

I was not sure of that.  There were a few unwanted side effects going
on when I first did my 1000-piece puzzle a few weeks ago and I could
not really judge animation performance.  Since the changes Stefan
has made, which I referred to, the situation has become much clearer.
With Stefan's proposal for generating a test-case I should be able to
do some more detailed testing.

> And I want to finish it eventually out of stubbornness ;-)

http://www.psychwiki.com/wiki/Zeigarnik_Effect
I believe all good programmers feel that effect.

All the best, Ian W.