[Kde-games-devel] Adventures with Palapeli

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 8 01:32:28 CET 2009

Ian Wadham wrote:
> The only problem I found is that, as the solution progresses, the
> fitting of pieces into the finished part of the puzzle becomes slower
> and slower.

I noticed this too, and have been meaning to say something (but have
been distracted). It actually seems like this is a regression, maybe
caused by the animation, since I don't remember experiencing this early
on when working on a 1200-piece (which still isn't finished :-(, I am
down to really hard mostly-solid-color stuff that is almost half the
puzzle¹).

(¹ It's the dual-monitor Leonidas background. No, it's not really a good
picture for a puzzle, just the only large thing I had around at the
time. And I want to finish it eventually out of stubbornness ;-).)

> What happens is that you place the piece in position and Palapeli
> seems to realize very quickly that it is a correct fit, but then all
> pieces, including those in the part already solved, are frozen for a
> few seconds and then the piece suddenly clicks into place.  If the
> piece is not a correct fit, there is no freezing and you can move it
> away immediately.

It's not actually "the pieces", it's everything; you can't pan the view
either.

--
Matthew
No .sig today. Come back tomorrow.