[Kde-games-devel] Chess game for KDE4

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:12:43 CET 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 11:41:06 Miha Čančula wrote:
> I noticed on the Porting to KDE4 page that there's currently no eqiuvalent
>  to  Knights. So I decided to write a new chess board for KDE SC 4 with
>  libkdegames integration (using KGameCanvas and KGameTheme) and support for
>  both KGGZ and the xboard protocol.

I wonder why are you chose to use KGameCanvas? IIRC it was our fast-and-simple
replacement to QGV in times QGV had major bugs which we couldn't live with.
Currently QGV quite more powerful and feature rich. I beleive it is to be used
in preference to KGameCanvas.

By the way, questions to all: what's the status of KGameCanvas? Now that QGV
had stabilized and matured should we keep it in libkdegames? Are there cases
when KGameCanvas would be still prefered over QGV? Are there any games in
kdegames which use it? (i didn't to grepping yet ;))

Cheers,
Dmitry.