[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: KGoldrunner update

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 30 07:36:19 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:55:18 pm Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > as an additional spin on this, what do you think about inviting kde
> > enthusiasts to come play the games from svn one day a month to give
> > feedback and what not? i'd love to spend a few hours one saturday playing
> > with your programs and actually be able to defend spending time playign
> > around because "hey, this is serious business! i'm helping test the
> > apps!" ;)
> >
> > it would be seriously easy to set up and i bet we'd get a decent little
> > turnout :)
>
> Sounds like a great idea too.  It would need some (minimal) structure, to
> ensure that new features, major changes, etc. were covered.  Maybe it
> could be backed up by IRC.

yes, we usually do these things on irc .. we could host it in a #kde-games
channel, for instance, and people can come in a we can point them at the games
that could use some play testing and then triage issues as they arise  ... it
would be a lot of fun and i'd totally be in for it.

> > > So who will be my buddy?
> >
> > i'm tempted to make silly jokes about having eaten dinner with you and so
> > i must qualify for sure ;)
>
> Maybe, Aaron ... but do you know anything about programming? ... :-)

only on tuesdays. ;)

> Seriously, if you are not too busy and would like to help, I would be
> honoured indeed ... :-)

cool; just drop me notes when to look at what :)

> KGoldrunner has just had a major re-write and two aspects that should
> be tried out by an independent tester are that no features have been
> accidentally omitted and that the gameplay experience is essentially
> the same as before.

ok, i'll "force" myself to play an extensive bout of kgoldrunner this weekend
and let you know ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se