[Kde-games-devel] not-fake svg card decks

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 05:16:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> So... we've imported the old png card decks... but they are still pixel art!
>
> I think it would be great if any aspiring (or otherwise) artists would
> work on creating real vector art with the same "feel" as these decks,
> and we can then update them as they are completed. Sound like a good idea?

It's definitely a good idea if anyone is willing to do the work. In a
lot of cases the quality could be improved with even partial
conversion to vector. For example converting the card border,
characters and symbols to vector while leaving the images as raster,
would be a great start.

> Anyway, I'm working on Penguins. (No time for a preview right this
> instant, but I'll probably post something later.)

All the power to you. How do you plan to handle the copyright?

Parker