[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: KGoldrunner update

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 28 04:55:18 CEST 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009, Ian Wadham wrote:
> I suggest we in KDE Games can overcome this problem quite easily if each
> of us has at least one "buddy" who peer-reviews and tries out our latest
> work, regardless of whether other programmers in KDE Games find the changes
> interesting and try them out for themselves.  This system would also help
> overcome issues of style, library-usage and user-interface design before
> they go too far.

imho, that's a great idea.

as an additional spin on this, what do you think about inviting kde
enthusiasts to come play the games from svn one day a month to give feedback
and what not? i'd love to spend a few hours one saturday playing with your
programs and actually be able to defend spending time playign around because
"hey, this is serious business! i'm helping test the apps!" ;)

it would be seriously easy to set up and i bet we'd get a decent little
turnout :)

(btw, i'm *loving* the new artwork and features in kdegames right now.. lots
of great stuff there .. i was tempted the other day to hack on the intro
screen for kpat to make the hover effect animate nicely (the glow just jumps
on/off right now) and make it so when you click on one of the games it "zooms
in" to the full size of the window while fading out (simple and nice effect)
.. and i only feel those kinds of urges when i'm really enjoying a piece of
software :)

> So who will be my buddy?

i'm tempted to make silly jokes about having eaten dinner with you and so i
must qualify for sure ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se