[Kde-games-devel] Statusbar messages in KPatience

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Thu Apr 23 13:08:07 CEST 2009

Stefan Majewsky:

> I would like instead a configuration option "Notify me when the game
> cannot be won anymore". If activated, a KGamePopupItem shows up once the
> solver determines that the game cannot be won anymore. Then you can undo
> moves until the message hides again.

The problem with this is that it’s not symmetric. If this is implemented, I
get used to getting notified if the game isn’t winnable anymore, and assume
that it is if I’m not notified. But the fact is that that solver may have
just timed out, and the game actually *is* unwinnable, even though there’s
no notification of this.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer