[Kde-games-devel] Statusbar messages in KPatience

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:15:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

in KPatience there are status bar messages to tell the user that
- This game can still be won! Good luck to you.
- Nope, this game cannot be won anymore.
- Timeout while playing - unknown if it can be won
- This game is lost.

Isn't that a bit too much?
Besides that the difference between the 2nd and the 4th message is no
difference at all from the user perspective the 1st message draws the
player's attention after every move made (I only asked three people,
but I think it distracts more). The 3rd message however has not been
understood by these three people. They actually thought they waited
too long to make their next move.

So I think it might be cleaner to drop all these messages and only
have one (maybe in style of the "You have lost" message in kmines)
for the situation where the game is not solvable anymore.

What do you think?

Regards