[Kde-games-devel] Copyright notices

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:04:58 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 07:32:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> (AUTHORS files are pretty dubious; they need to be more than an amorphous list
> of names: they need to indicate who worked on what and when; just stick with
> in-file attribution for any non-trivial contribution)

Ok, that part is pretty clear now. But what about the About dialog?
Everybody seems to know what is NOT sufficient, but nobody said what
information we can write there?

One suggestion I like best was to drop the copyright notice there and
replace it with something like "use the source, luke".

That's a decision too big for kde-games-devel, though.

Many people might not care about issues that seem unimportant enough
to be safely ignored for years. But I feel strange with leaving a 1997
copyright notice there and cannot just change it to what comes to my
mind first.

Regards