[Kde-games-devel] Copyright notices

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Apr 19 18:24:17 CEST 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how would it be to remove the word (or any sign for) "Copyright" from
> the About dialog?

Why? A copyright notice requires either the word "Copyright" or the
copyright symbol ©.

> I.e. replace "(c) 1997, John Doe" with just "1997-2009 The KDEGames
> Team" in every game. The Authors tab holds the specifics anyway.

If you want to do this then I'd write

  Copyright 1997-2009 The authors of <name of application> (see Authors)

Clicking on Authors should open the Authors tab.

Then again, such a copyright notice might not be valid (e.g. because not
all authors contributed all of the time).

Ideally, the copyright notices shown in the About dialog would be
compiled automatically from the copyright notices of all source files,
e.g. through a script similar to scripty. This would be the most
correct and, at the same time, easiest way. The list of authors could
be compiled similarly.

Regards,
Ingo