[Kde-games-devel] LsKat and KPatience go Egyptian

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:52:48 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Sean wrote:
>> The new KPatience Start screen.
>>
>> http://imagebin.ca/view/XtJsJxt.html
>
> How come that's using the oxygen-white deck?

The game previews are manually rendered to PNG files, that are just
resized and painted in at runtime. I would imagine rendering them
dynamically would be very, very expensive and have a significant
impact on start up time.

Of course, we could regenerate the previews with the new Egyptian card
deck. I'm not entirely convinced that's a good idea, though. I think
the high contrast and clutter free nature of the Oxygen deck helps
keep things clearer when scaled down to this size. I just tried it out
with the new deck, and I definitely think clarity suffered.

Parker