[Kde-games-devel] Revised pixmap to svg script

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:16:56 CEST 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On martedì 07 aprile 2009, Parker Coates wrote:
>> >
>> > Is there any reason we haven't proceeded with this? I think it'd be
>> > great if we could remove support for PNG based decks in 4.3 as this
>> > only clutters up an complicates the card selection dialog. I imagine
>> > it would also allow us to remove a lot of code from KCardCache as
>> > well. Personally, I don't think all of the PNG decks are really worth
>> > converting to SVG, but I guess that's a separate topic.
>>
>> Because the soft feature freeze is today, I've added the conversion to
>> only SVG carddecks to the 4.3 feature plan. I really think this is a
>> worthwhile goal for 4.3.
>>

> Oh, well. Let's do it for 4.3 then. I've far less free time than I'd like at
> the moment, so I can't do much anyway. But this morning I fished out the old
> script to see what else needed to be done and changed it a bit to make it
> embed the pixmaps. It turned out to be easier than I thought.

Thanks, Luciano. I too am short on time at the moment, but I think I
should be able to at least get the decks converted before 4.3.

There was a problem with the ordering of the card suits and ranks,
which I've fixed in the attached version. Other than that, it seems to
work quite well.

> The attachents contain the revised script together with a sample converted
> deck. The script does not (yet) provide a back card image for the deck,
> basically because I've not yet looked at how that is specified.

The back side is stored separately from the deck (although I'd like to
see that changed). I might try to include that in the script, but I'm
also terrified of Perl, so I'm making no guarantees. ;)

Parker