[Kde-games-devel] ktuberling, play sound when moving object at the playground

Hans Schou hans.schou at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:46:16 CEST 2009

2009/4/7 Eugene Trounev <eugene.trounev at gmail.com>:
>> Don't you think that's too much?
> I think you misunderstood Hans :) What he means is that it would be nice
> (according to him) if the game would make the sound on object pick-up
> regardless if it's in the inventory, or on screen. Right now it will only
> play sound when an item is taken from inventory, but once placed down, no
> more sounds are made no matter how much you move it, unless you pick it up
> from the inventory again.

> P.S.: Did I get it right Hans? Is this what you were trying to imply?

You are right.

First I thought it was a bug, which was the reason for looking in
source at all. It is a little strange that sound is only heard when
adding an object, not replacing an object.

My 5 year old daughter places a lot of same objects, and here the
sound is played each time a new object is added. But when moved there
is no sound. A move is done when it was misplaced or so.

I fully agree with Chris that it is rather annoying with the sound. I
should have thought of that before I made my daughter speak in the
sounds for Robin-tux ;-)

Another thing, if you don't like the sound when playing ktuberling,
then turn it of in the menu or remove the loudspeakers or sound
driver.

I have 3 children and the noise level they produce is much more than
ktuberling. And the noise can not be turned of.

When she plays ktuberling with English enabled (she is native danish),
she look at the object and listen to word and repeats it. In this way
she learned to say "bicycle" in English. She had to hear it several
times before she could say it, which was the reason why she had placed
several bicycles on the playground.

Next thing: If you have placed a lot of object very close to each
other on the playground, then it can be difficult to grab them and
here the sound might be a help.

rgds/hans