[Kde-games-devel] KsirK and Jabber

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Sep 17 22:05:07 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 01:23:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2008, Kleag wrote:
> > Personally, I dislike centralized solutions. Even if they present
> > advantages, it seems to me to go against my view of the freedom spirit of
> > free software.
>
> assumedly, the central server software would be available to anyone to run.
>
> btw... the central server could be a jabber server plugin.
Yes, sure, but it still necessitates to develop, run and maintain new
software, while my current solution is very few obstrusive, using existing
libraries and network facilities.

It remains the question of anti-cheating.

Gaël
--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer