[Kde-games-devel] KsirK and Jabber

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 00:17:55 CEST 2008

Kleag wrote:
> Concerning the "should use a central server...". The existence of the central
> kde games server serving games that even can be interoperable with Gnome (?)
> is a Great Thing (TM) but really it should not forbid experimentations toward
> other ways of doing. We are in the free software world where many great things
> come from initial little experiments. And, as said elsewhere, "who code
> decide" :-)

I agree 100% with you on this. I do not see any harm in attempting to
provide a different way for multiplayer games. Who knows if in the near
future we will find out that playing KsirK over Jabber becomes a new
trend and helps us attract a new community that we would have missed
otherwise?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini