[Kde-games-devel] New levels in KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 21 11:07:47 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

Long time no see ... not since Akademy at least ... :-)

I was traveling in Europe for a few weeks and had a wonderful
time, but have been pretty busy since I got home.  So not much
time for KDE Games unfortunately.  But now I have a pleasant
announcement to make ...

Out of the blue, KGoldrunner has just acquired a new game with
17 levels called "Count".  It is Championship level and follows
Traditional rules.  Stephen Mann of the University of Waterloo, in
Canada, composed it and I have just committed it to KDE Games
SVN trunk.  Congratulations and thanks very much, Stephen!

The levels are called Zero, One, Two ... up to Sixteen, counting
from 0 to 16 ... or 0 to 10 hexadecimal.  The name of each level
indicates how many enemies and pieces of gold there are in
that level.  Also the layout of each maze is based on the digits
for its number.  It's really clever how the game fits together
around the "counting" theme as well as containing a whole
lot of tricky play ... ;-)

Hope you enjoy the Count game, Ian W.

P.S.  Like State of Terror, this game makes heavy use of the
quirk in KGoldrunner that lets you dig while falling ... ;-)