[Kde-games-devel] On KDE card decks...

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sat Oct 11 00:20:08 CEST 2008

On Friday 10 October 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> mikelima at gmail.com wrote:
> > (Warning: Self-promotion here)
> > I did something similar with my tigullio deck:
> >
> > http://www.cirulla.net/listing/kde_stuff/tigullio-modern.svg
> >
> > This should be very easy to package once the KHotNewStuff is integrated.
>
> Have you tried playing with this yet? I can tell you, from my experience
> with my Oxygen-based deck, that in games like freecell/klondike/etc
> (where red/black matters as well as just suit), I had real problems when
> the colors were too different. It's not enough for the individual suits
> to be distinctive, you /also/ need to be able to easily tell the
> difference between clubs/spades and hearts/diamonds easily and quickly.

Actually yes, I've used it for a while, but I'm playing Spider at the hard
setting most of the time. In that game it is actually useful to quickly
distinguish suits, and there is no affinity between black and red suits.

I agree the colors are distracting in Klondike. It would be easy enough to
change them though to something like your suggestion.

I've prepared this deck after reading the Gereman section on the Wikipedia. It
seemed a nice idea, so I wanted to try that out.

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net