[Kde-games-devel] Bomber into kde 4.2?

John-Paul Stanford jp at stanwood.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 11:15:08 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 07:57:25 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Dienstag 07 Oktober 2008 09:32:25 schrieb John-Paul Stanford:
> > No problem :-) I think everything people have mentioned should be sorted
> > now.
> >
> > Let me know if their are any more issues.
>
> Documentation:
> is installed in doc/HTML/en/doc/, should be doc/HTML/en/bomber/ like the
> X-DocPath entry.
> Reason is that kde4_create_handbook takes the name of the directory with
> the index.docbook. Renaming bomber/doc/ to bomber/bomber solves this.

I think this should be working now. Last night I moved the docs to this
location:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/games/doc/bomber/

So is that correct? The docs are now in a "bomber" sub directory, so I suspect
that they will install too the correct location. They are no longer in the
game directory.

> I18n:
> Starting bomber is see "Spielstufe: XX", "Punkte: XXXXX", "Leben: XX", why
> are there all these "X" chars? Looks a little strange.
> Starting the game all translations of the statusbar are gone, there is
> now "Level: 1", "Score: 0", "Lives: 3".

I used kbounce as a template to base bomber on. It also does this. I think the
main problem is that their was meant to be a temp status bar message covering
this up so it's not seen, but this needs fixing in kdelibs.  I've changed the
XX for the actual default values the user will be given when the start the
game. This should make it a bit easier on the eyes :-)

Cheers,
JP.