[Kde-games-devel] Kpat and card style chooser

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Nov 18 01:18:14 CET 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008, Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Could anyone please explain me how does the card style chooser work? How
> does it, for instance, tells the old style backs from new (SVG) ones? And
> most importantly how to make it see the new back styles (see deck14.* in
> carddecks/decks, which is invisible (why?) to the style chooser :/)

Uh... I've been busy, and I did not notice for a while, but it looks like it's
not possible anymore to chose the "internal" back of the card deck of SVG
decks. At least, it looks like it alway tries to use an external back...

I think it is bad (and I've said so a few times, but maybe I'm the only one to
worry abot this), since fronts and back share a card outline, wich has
different proportions and different shape in the various decks.

Plus the backs are stored in a "deck" directory, with strange names beginning
with numbers...

I think it would be great to clean them up, packaging fronts and back(s) in a
single file (plus .desktop, if it's really needed), installable with the hot
new stuff mechanism.

Now, to fix my Tigullio deck for KDE 4.2, what should I do? Is it possible to
make it so that the card-deck loader tries to load the back from the main .svg
file instead of falling back on a non-matching default, or do I have to take
out the card back to a separate svg file?

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net