[Kde-games-devel] Kill the FAQ

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 23:10:12 CET 2008

Hi,

well, since I have grabbed your attention with the subject, I'll start right
away. :)
In its current state the FAQ is mostly nothing more that just a replication
of the other parts of the documentation, e.g. the menu reference.

"Who made this game?"
What are the credits for?

"How can I start a new game?"
If I really managed to not find the menu item or the toolbar icon, I would look into the introduction or so.

"Where can I get cheatcodes?"
Is it really needed to mention cheats just to say that there are none?

And so on...

Translating the doc is like translating the same stuff two to three times
with little wording changes.

To sum it up I wouldn't kill the FAQ, but rethink its purpose. Put real
frequently asked questions in there. If noone can think of such questions,
remove it.

Regards