[Kde-games-devel] Low framerate in Kdiamond

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Sun May 25 15:22:44 CEST 2008

Ian Wadham wrote:
> The thing is, Eugene, what hardware and software setup do *you* have?
> You have the speed problem, Stefan and I do not.

Running at 1200x800, in a VMWare environment, the game is definately
playable. But in 12x12 mode I can see the hint of a hiccup when the new
pieces are falling, so what Eugene is seeing is probably this, but made
worse by something in his hardware or software environment.
I would not say it is a ship stopper, but something to be investigated
in more detail. It is probably another manifestation of our magic power,
the one that reveals subtle issues in QGV that no one has seen before.
This one might actually be solvable by playing with the optimization
flags. Eugene, do you have qt4.4?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini