[Kde-games-devel] Patch for KDiamond to play untimed game

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Fri May 16 09:22:12 CEST 2008

Am Freitag 16 Mai 2008 00:48:56 schrieb Paul B:
> Just got KDiamond and decided to make a patch to let you play an
> untimed game. It's fairly sloppy in my opinion, doesn't really do
> much.
>
> Since there's no code in place (from what I've seen anyway, I've never
> really looked through anyone else's code before) to check if there
> are any possible combinations to continue the game with and end the
> game if necessary, the game is basically never-ending on untimed,
> even if you get stuck.

That is right, such tests are not intended by now. For the next feature
period, I'll be working on this problem (if I do not forget it).

> And I only downloaded the kdiamond folder from SVN, not kdegames/ or
> anything higher, so the paths to the files might be wrong, I'm not
> exactly sure how patches work.

Patches are always relative to a certain folder, in your case the kdiamond
root directory. Given that information, another developer knows how to apply
the patch correctly.

> Sorry for the disproportionately long
> text considering how small the patch itself is :P.

Your thoughts are highly appreciated.

Stefan