[Kde-games-devel] Patch for KDiamond to play untimed game

Paul B happysmileman at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 00:48:56 CEST 2008

Just got KDiamond and decided to make a patch to let you play an
untimed game. It's fairly sloppy in my opinion, doesn't really do
much.

Since there's no code in place (from what I've seen anyway, I've never
really looked through anyone else's code before) to check if there
are any possible combinations to continue the game with and end the
game if necessary, the game is basically never-ending on untimed,
even if you get stuck.
So the only way to end a game is to untick the box for untimed game,
at which point your time limit will go back to where it should be (I
didn't stop the timer from progressing, just stopped it from being
updated and checked, so if you tick the box and then untick it 60
seconds later, it will be at the correct time.)

So as you can see, it's probably not really suitable to be actually
included in KDiamond, but if you wanted to you could continue on from
here (or maybe give me any suggestions about improving it, I can try,
though I'm still just an unqualified teen). I'm mainly just posting
it here in case anyone wants a quick hack to play an untimed game, or
if someone wants to continue on from it.

And I only downloaded the kdiamond folder from SVN, not kdegames/ or
anything higher, so the paths to the files might be wrong, I'm not
exactly sure how patches work. Sorry for the disproportionately long
text considering how small the patch itself is :P.