[Kde-games-devel] Ksudoku, Kubrik 3D background

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 15 00:17:09 CEST 2008

Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2008 12:21 am, Eugene Trounev wrote:
>> How possible do think is it to add a background to 3D version of Ksudoku,
>> and Kubrick? It looks rather grave being all black and all :)
>>
> Well, actually, Kubrick is a nice, deep, tastefully-chosen midnight blue :-)
>
> I think it is possible to do a background but I have not read up on the
> programming requirements yet.  Also I think the requirements for
> the graphics-file format might be a bit limiting, so better not draw
> anything yet.

I thought Qt allowed you to turn any QPixmap/QImage into an OpenGL texture?

> And OpenGL calculates lighting and shading, which
> changes the colors and reflections as the objects move around.  So
> I think the background graphics would have to follow some rules :-(

Well, the background won't change. Do you mean that the background must
play nice with the cube under arbitrary lighting? (I'm not sure I'm
reading this right...)

--
Matthew
guilty and avoid enriching the lawyers. -- RFC 1925