[Kde-games-devel] Kapman

Pierre-Benoit Besse besse.pb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:03:53 CET 2008

> 1)artwork is not good, walls look bad.im sure they will be changed, but
atm
> they are bad
We were supposed to have Johan Olivier Lapeyre to draw us nice graphics but
he seems to have disapeared. Ervin found us Matthew instead but he seems
more inclined to change graphics drawing to a tile-based stuff and we wont
be able to do it until April.
Anyway, artwork should be increased :)

> 2)the game is so easy.i passed to level 13 without any problem.it looks
like
> that the speed of those ghosts-or-whatever-you-call> -them increases in
every
> level, but the increasing level is not enough.
Ok, that won't be difficult to change.
But original pacman had 256 levels, and some people managed to complete all
of them :P

> 3)are you going to have some theming support? that would be awesome.
Originaly we planned to include Themes with changes in gameplay (winter
theme with the kapman sliding...) but I don't know when it will be done,
maybe not in time for 4.1.

> 4)there shouldnt be a blue ghost i think, because it has the same color as
> dead-ghosts (dead ghost=ghosts when you eat big pills).sometimes thats
> confusing.
This appeared lately with the new ghosts' images, it should be fixed soon.

> 5)could the map get changed on every level? that would be good
It is not planned yet but with a little work, architecture should allow
graphists to integrate their own levels.
Anyway in the original game their was only one level so it is not a
priority.

> 6)when the game starts, it currently waits you to play.it would be so nice
if
> it plays a demo, like kgoldrunner.
We will think on it (I complete my kapman Knote right now :P), but it is not
a priority either.

> You mention that you guys are going to conclude the project
> in one week, so it looks like this can be done!
Not really in fact, 28th will be the day we show our work to our teachers,
but kapman won't evolve a lot until then (mainly because of exams
approaching). After that some of us (at least Thomas and me) will continue
to contribute to Kapman but I'm not shure we will be able to do a lot of
changes before the 6th...
Same thing for documentation, it will have to wait for after the 28th of
March.

> Someone (or more than one person) should also volunteer to maintain the
> game [...]
Their will be at least Thomas and me :)

> Also, I think you guys need to implement at least KGameTheme and
> KGameThemeSelector.[...]
> Kapman should also allow configurable keys for the actions.[...]
Adding to my kapman Knote :p

> IMO, before the release we should also work on a Oxygen-style default
> team, one that does not resemble the commercial game that inspired the
> development so much
Agreed ! Waiting for artists ! :)

> This seems like a perfect opportunity to use KGameDifficulty. Kapteam? I
> personally think the game is ok now for very young children
Well, we must be very young childrens then :P
More seriously, about speed, it seems we have some performance problems on
some PCs, for example my Kapman seem slower than Thomas' one. Maybe yours is
slowed as well.
Matthew (Woehlke) already pointed out some things to change it, but adding
that it seems their is still a lot a work to be done before the 6th (or the
22th ? )...
We'll do our best ! :)

Pierre-Benoit