[Kde-games-devel] Puzzle game for KDE

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Thu Mar 20 18:05:20 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, 20. März 2008 17:36:29 schrieb Josef Spillner (KDE):
> Is the puzzle game going to be something like that?
> http://relokate.coolprojects.org/
> (It's unmaintained and I wouldn't mind if there was a KDE 4 replacement
> for it, or maybe it could be ported.)

Our game (we've just decided to call it "Palapeli" which is the Finnish word
for "puzzle") works more like a real-life puzzle. You have a pile of pieces
laying on the ground (just like when you dump the pieces out of the box)
which you can move and rotate freely. When the right pieces are near
together, they'll be combined automatically. You'll have to move and rotate
pieces until they are all combined into one big image.

> There are no restrictions on projects in playground, there can be as many
> as possible as long as they're being worked on from time to time. I'd
> say let Felix go ahead and let him request a SVN account from the
> sysadmins.

Fine. Expect some first code for Palapeli to appear in playground/games this
weekend.

Stefan