[Kde-games-devel] Summer of Code Idea(s)

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:00:49 CET 2008

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 07:09:08 am Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > I have been wanting to play word games lately and I was disappointed that
> > KDE did not offer any. I would like to help create quality word games for
> > KDE. I was thinking that maybe word searches or fill-it-ins (these would
> > also work with numbers) would be a nice start.
>
> I think KWordQuiz from the KDE EDU module can at least do the fill-it-ins,
> it can probably do more of the things you have mind.

Hmm...I don't see it in KDE3 (I just got the SVN of kdeedu and am compiling it
now). If it doesn't have what I was thinking of, I know Scrabulous (the
Facebook app) is extremely popular and I also know that WeBoggle
(http://weboggle.shackworks.com/) is also popular. A Scrabble clone
(Skrabble?) or a Boggle clone that can, optionally, hook into the WeBoggle
would be useful (it should also allow network play through GGZ). Plus, I
don't think many users get kdeedu since they think it's "only" educational
stuff.

--Ben