[Kde-games-devel] KCardCache next (final?) try

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 3 01:30:10 CET 2008

Hi,

as promised (and due to lack of sleepiness tonight) here are the
hopefully final patches to introduce a kdegames-wide card cache.

The first patch (kdegames_cardcache_headeronly.diff) includes just the
new public API, so its easier to see what is exported in case there's
further discussion needed for that.

The other patches are the implementation for the cache, and two patches
to port lskat and kpat to using the cache. I didn't find any bugs so far
with the both games.

Note that the kpat patch is a bit more intrusive than that for lskat
because there I also removed the app-specific suite/card types in favor
of the KCardInfo from the cache. This wasn't easily possible for lskat
as there the suite/cardtype serve more than just identification
purposes.

If this is comitted my next step will be to find some semi-automatic way
of discarding the cache. Currently there's only public API for that, but
I think there's the need to automatically invalidate the cache when the
currently used theme gets an updated svg or png.

I'd like to target next monday for the commit (assuming that there
aren't too many issues raised with the api or code).

Andreas

PS: It currently still works on separate png files as so far I think
there's been no final decision wether to completely remove png-themes or
move the images into an svg for easier access. If this changes I can
commit to updateing the cache code.

--
You love your home and want it to be beautiful.