[Kde-games-devel] Alternate solutions not allowed in KNetwalk 3.5.9

Fela Winkelmolen fela.kde at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 23:53:12 CEST 2008

The reason why I don't consider a game with only the terminals connected as
solved is because most methods to solve the game evolve around the fact that
there is only one correct solution. How would you solve a sudoku if you knew
there where more then one possible solutions? =)

> The ideal solution would be to only generate single solution problems,
> but it seems that was tried without success. Barring that, I'm happy
> with the current implementation, although ideally I'd like to see the
> modal KMessageBox replaced with a passive KGamePopupItem.

KGamePopupItem uses QGraphicsScene, but KNetWalk doesn't, so a rewrite would
be needed to be able to use that class. Anyway the message shouldn't need to
be shown very often, and it's important enough to warrant the intrusiveness.
Also, if I recall correctly, it has a "don't show again" option.
The main problem is that users don't _know_ they also have to connect all
cables, once that is taken care of I don't see any problem.

Cheers,
-- fela, current KNetWalk maintainer