[Kde-games-devel] Alternate solutions not allowed in KNetwalk 3.5.9

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 00:40:18 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 07:17, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can people chip in on this before I attach that view to the bug?

I had always assumed this was intentional behaviour; that all the
connectors had to be used for the solution to be valid. I guess it
depends on how one interprets the goal of the game: "connect all
computers to the network" versus "arrange all these pieces into a
valid network". Really, I think this is an issue of preference and I
would recommend contacting the original author and getting their
opinion.

The ideal solution would be to only generate single solution problems,
but it seems that was tried without success. Barring that, I'm happy
with the current implementation, although ideally I'd like to see the
modal KMessageBox replaced with a passive KGamePopupItem.

Just my thoughts,

Parker