[Kde-games-devel] Kubrick gets a background picture

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 7 21:48:17 CEST 2008

Ian Wadham wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just comitted code to load and display a SVG background picture
> behind the cubes in Kubrick.  There is a hidden "K" key shortcut
> that switches the picture between Eugene's "desert sands at dawn"
> picture from KGoldrunner's Egypt theme and Matthew Woehlke's
> 4-way color gradient background.  Enjoy!

Yay! :-) I see it also uses that when it can't find the theme (which I
failed to install properly at first). It might be a good idea to make
'k' not work when it can't find the svg instead of drawing a white
background.

> I have been busy the last several days with family and personal matters
> and a couple of Kubrick bug reports (affecting the GUI), so have not
> finally decided whether to slip briefly into 2D or stay in 3D for drawing
> a Kubrick background.  It's 6 of one and 3x2 of the other ...  :-)
>
> If there were lots of 2D stuff to draw, such as graphical game controls
> and readouts, I would certainly mix 2D and 3D.  As it is, there is not
> much code in either method, to just draw a rectangle, and there is
> more code in loading graphics and fitting a texture.  So I may stay in
> 3D for now.

Heh, that trig bugs me :-). Would you consider a patch to use 2D? (I
have one working, including the necessary fiddling with the texture
coordinates to make cropping work properly.)

--
Matthew
First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug test. I