[Kde-games-devel] Proposal: bumping patch level version number

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:17:21 CET 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 19:48:30 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimarts 29 Gener 2008, Mauricio Piacentini va escriure:
> > Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > > I propose using the same patchlevel as the kdegames package, to make
> > > this even easier.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > Well, if the code has not changed, then it should remain the same imo.
> > If it got bugfixes backported, then I think it could be ok. But anything
> > you decide is cool for me.
>
> I'm with Mauricio here, no code change, no need for a new version.

Maybe I was not clear -- that's actually my position too.
What I meant is that if a game has been patched and has to bump the patch
level, the patch level could be the global kdegames patch level. Say your
program is version 3.0 and you correct a bug for kdegames 4.0.1.

In this case you bump the version to 3.0.1.

Then you do not find bugs for kdegames 4.0.2, so the patchlevel stays the
same...

But before kdegames 4.0.3, you fix a few more bugs; in this case, my proposal
is to bump the patch level to 3.0.3 anyway.

So the game patchlevel version is either unchanged, or aligned to the latest
kdegames release that had a patch.

Luciano