[Kde-games-devel] Memorandum. RE.: KDEGames monthly meeting.

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Thu Jan 24 19:58:24 CET 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 09:28:45 Thomi Richards wrote:
> Okay, I'll bite ;)
>
> On Jan 23, 2008 3:13 AM, Ian Wadham <ianw2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > I realise that there are still some non-conforming features in
> > KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube and I plan to address *most* of
> > them ... ;-)  Or maybe Luciano will, or perhaps Thomi Richards, who
> > contacted me from London the other day and would like to "ease
> > into" some KDE Games work ... :-)
>
> I'd love to do some KDE games programming - my only problem is a busy
> job. I'm looking for small tasks that no one else has time for, or
> wants to do. I took a look at KJumpingCube, but to be honest I
> couldn't work out how to play it ;) I think a pre-requisite for
> programming on a game is that you can make it past the first level!

Well, let me be the first to say welcome! It's always great to see new
faces :) The best way to get quick help is to come visit us on our IRC
channel. We can be found on the irc.freenode.net network in the #kdegames
channel. Come visit us!

Otherwise, perhaps someone can help you here.

> I joined the list after the meeting announcement was made. Once a time
> & date has been agreed upon, could someone please re-post it to the
> list so I can join in?

Thanks for reminding me.

@everyone: Did we decide that this comming meeting would be at the normal
20:00 UTC time or were we going to put it in the morning UTC so that Ian (and
other non-Europeans) can make it?

Regards,
Matt Williams