[Kde-games-devel] Memorandum. RE.: KDEGames monthly meeting.

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 22 13:34:59 CET 2008

Thank you everyone for your constructive and helpful responses
to my plea.  And thank you Josef for your thoughtful response.

I think I have actually cracked Konversation now, with a bit of
guesswork about network names, server names, etc.  I was trying
Kopete before and it immediately wanted to run an Account
Wizard.  Account, what account? ...  Am I in Windows?

Anyway, I think I had a half-meaningful exchange with Matt
Williams (milliams), so with a bit of practice maybe I can handle
an IRC meeting ... ;-)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:03 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> For planning a best time, have a look at
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=2&day=2&year=2
>008&pa=0&pa=5&pa=45&pa=157&pa=166&pa=250

A useful layout, esp. if the cities are placed in timezone order.

> I am not sure where in Australia is Ian, and where in Canada is Eugene.
> But it looks that maybe a time around 11:00 or 12:00 UTC could work.

I am in Melbourne (East coast), UTC +10 + 1 for summertime.  So 11 or
12 UTC is 22:00 or 23:00 for me, but it leaves Eugene rather early.  On
balance, 20:00 UTC is probably best, this time of year.  That's 7 am for
me, but it leaves Dmitry sitting up late and Luciano travelling.

In the Northern Hemisphere summer, I think 12:00 or 13:00 UTC, maybe
on a Saturday or Sunday would be best for everyone.  I am UTC+10 then.

All the best, Ian W.