[Kde-games-devel] Memorandum. RE.: KDEGames monthly meeting.

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:24:11 CET 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 05:21:52 Ian Wadham wrote:

Just a quick note about this issue:

> Eugene, thank you for giving us plenty of notice and plenty of time to
> think about this meeting.  As usual, I doubt if I will be able to attend,
> owing to being in a difficult timezone.  I am usually sleeping when the
> meetings are on.  In any case, I do not speak IRC and do not know where
> to start learning: e.g. what app to use, how to configure, how to connect
> and what the commands are if/when I do connect.

Ian, can we do something to help you in this regard? I think most people would
recommend konversation as a good IRC client to use for our conferences.

In most distributions it is preconfigured with an IRC server, which should
work all right.

The only strange command you need to learn is

/join #kdegames

after that, you can type your messages normally...

Can we try changing the time of the conference to let most people attend?
Late morning in Europe would mean early morning in Brazil and late evening in
Australia...

That would be OK with me, if the conference were moved on Saturday.

By the way, Friday at 8:00 UTC is a bit of a problem for me... I should be
travelling back home at that time.

Ciao,
Luciano