[Kde-games-devel] SVG and MainWindow resize handling

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 19 11:37:25 CET 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:22 pm, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 19.01.08 14:18:30, Ian Wadham wrote:
> > I think the approach can be used in any KDE 4 game and probably in
> > other apps that require substantial graphics processing during startup.
> > I think it will also work if the main window library code gets changed,
> > though I see no signs of that happening in the TechBase TODO lists.
> > Any comments or feedback?
>
> a) Great Work.

Thanks Andreas ... :-)

> b) Where's the patch or branch?

It's rev 762565 of kdegames/kgoldrunner on trunk.  Previous rev
of KGoldrunner was 762169.  Rev 762565 involved small changes to
the three main classes (6 files): main widget, canvas and game.

> c) Is this done in a way that can be "extracted" from KGoldRunner and
> put into something like KSVGMainWindow, which can be moved into
> libkdegames to make the code-sharing between games better?

Not really.  It's more of a technique for initialising an application that
uses SVG graphics.  Sort of like an extension of the normal application
template, where each programmer fills in the blanks.  The amount of
code-change, not including comments and kDebug messages, is 30-40
lines, scattered over 3 classes and 6 files.  I think the best I could do
is add a bit to one of the Techbase pages, with code samples, if people
think that is worthwhile.

Cheers, Ian W.