[Kde-games-devel] Submitting entries for the Linux Game Tome

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:05:24 CET 2008

Il Wednesday 16 January 2008 09:18:17 Josef Spillner ha scritto:
> Am Mittwoch 16 Januar 2008 04:08:08 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> > P.S. Is there still somewhere central where *.lsm files get picked up
> > and catalogued?  Or is that concept out-of-date now?
>
> Well, it's just been replaced by the usual reinventing-the-wheel by some
> web-centric folks, at least according to them, with something called DOAP.
> http://usefulinc.com/doap/
>
> The page doesn't even mention LSM or DOAP's advantages to it, so I'd assume
> that the wheel has indeed been reinvented here.

Uhm... of the games we have, these are the only ones that have a .lsm file.

./lskat/lskat.lsm
./kgoldrunner/kgoldrunner.lsm
./ksudoku/src/ksudoku.lsm
./kfourinline/kfourinline.lsm

I know nothing of either LSM and DOAP. But we could generate both formats from
some superset of either, and a script.

Is this information useful for promoting our games?
We are practically absent from freshmeat too...

I used to check the site regularly in my early Linux days, and I still check
it from time to time, to find out if I can find a program for a certain task.

And what about apps.kde.org?

Luciano